The water industry faces ever-increasing needs for infrastructure investments making customer support imperative. Water utility companies need to stay up to date regarding their customers’ needs and expectations. Utilities that understand their attitudes, behaviors, and preferences are better able to target performance improvement initiatives that can increase overall customer satisfaction and garner support for infrastructure improvements.
The J.D. Power Water Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM measures satisfaction with water utility companies in four U.S. regions: Northeast, Midwest, South, and West. The study, which provides the water industry with insights into the evolving needs and demands of residential customers, includes four objectives:
- Quantifying the factors that drive overall satisfaction among residential customers
- Establishing the relative performance of the major water utility companies in the United States in terms of how well they satisfy their residential customers
- Capturing a nationwide footprint of water utility performance by including as many utilities as possible
- Providing actionable information by developing insights about the needs of water utility customers
- Net Promoter Score®— Certified NPS® by J.D. Power is an independent measurement of NPS which includes the brand level Net Promoter Score® and verbatims, a NPS rank chart and verbatim text analytics.
Net Promoter System®, Net Promoter Score®, NPS® and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Fred Reichheld and Satmetrix Systems, Inc.