U.S. Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction Study
New-vehicle owners today expect more than the absence of tire problems. They also have high expectations for tire appearance and performance, such as tire wear and ride. But to exceed owner expectations, what other considerations should tire manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) also incorporate into their products?
The J.D. Power U.S. Original Equipment Tire Customer Satisfaction StudySM provides insight into new-vehicle owners’ satisfaction with their original equipment tires after 1 and 2 years in service. The study examines overall customer satisfaction with tires, as well as tire problems experienced, relative importance of tire attributes, tire replacement behavior, and recommendation and repurchase intentions of vehicle owners.
Subscription to this study will provide tire manufacturers and OEMs with overall industry-level information, as well as by vehicle segment, tire brand, OEM, and individual model.
Study information includes:
- Product strengths/weaknesses for each brand, both in owner satisfaction and quality
- Performance variations by OEM and tire brand for each OEM
- Impact of owners’ experiences with original equipment tires on repurchase intention
- Tire brand/product recommendation
- Owners’ impressions of tire brands
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) incidence rates and behaviors